- 1 small pumpkin, peeled, seeded and diced
- 500 g. ripe cherry tomatoes
- 2-3 spring onions, finely sliced
- garlic to taste, finely chopped (I tend to use 2-3 large cloves)
- 150 g. coarsely chopped rucola (rocket)
- 300-400 g tagliatelle, preferably fresh
- 100 g flaked almonds, toasted
- 100 g fresh finely grated parmesan
- 1 tsp of dried thyme
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
1) preheat the oven to 200°C. Place the pumpkin cubes in a baking tray or oven dish, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with thyme, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir the pumpkin until pieces are evenly coated with oil, and roast for half an hour or until the cubes are soft. Stir halfway if the cubes are beginning to char.
2) When the pumpkin has been cooking for about fifteen minutes, gently sauté the spring onions for about five minutes, then add the garlic to the pan. After another five minutes, add the cherry tomatoes, sautéing them for five minutes. Remove the pumpkin from the oven, and add them to the tomatoes and spring onions in the pan. At the last moment, add the rucola, and fry for one more minute.
3) While the tomatoes and spring onions are cooking, prepare the pasta according to packet instructions. Distribute the pasta and sauce evenly over the plates and garnish with a little of the almonds and parmesan. Serve the remaining parmesan and almonds with the dish to be used to taste.